Sunday 10 October, 2010

Story of Single Mother

Rebecca Giraud
I have been a single mum since 2006 living in the South West with my daughter Saskia who is 11.

Having experienced many of the struggles associated with the breakdown of a relationship, I am familiar with the endless feelings of guilt and the overwhelming fatigue that can make it so hard to provide the emotional and financial support needed for the children. Few of us decide to be single parents out of choice, and for most it takes many months of reflection (with support from family and friends if we are lucky) to find the strength and self-confidence to really move on.
Things today are much better for me, and sometimes they are quite wonderful. Thanks to the kindness of others and my own hard work I have much to celebrate.
Professional Background
I have spent the majority of the my professional career working for non-government organisations in the area of Social Development. In particular I have worked overseas in Southern Africa and the South Pacific in HIV/AIDS and in the UK in the same area. I have also worked with the homeless and those experiencing Domestic Abuse. I have worked at project management level, co-ordinated research projects and have been, and continue to be, involved in carrying out strategic reveiws of services for vulnerable groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment